I decided to switch from the Apple iPhone to Android June 2019. I picked up the Google Pixel 3XL as the Android phone of choice. I liked the camera of the Pixel lineup and I wanted a vanilla Android experience.
Here is what I have liked about Android (a running list):
- The ability to set defaults apps (browser, maps, music streaming, etc)
- You can search and then downloads app right in Chrome
- There is 1pass (and other password apps) integration basically across the entire OS
- Gray Scale mode
- The ability to change styles and system-wide fonts/iconography
- picture in picture mode for Duo, YouTube, etc
- Live wallpapers and living wallpapers
- text suggestions are on point
- Email suggestions in Gmail
- Google Assistant (it’s so good)
- G Board
- Certain Aspects of Android Auto
Right now this is my running list of Android OS highlights. Stay tuned for the follow-up blog of what I HATE about Android.